Friday, October 4, 2013

A's: REVIEW ON SIGMA F50 DUO FIBRE and REVLON COLORSTAY LIQUID FOUNDATION

Perfect partners.

Pardon my not-so-clean brush. I will
do a blog on cleaning brushes with my
SIGMA SPA!
Watch our for that! :) 
I have recently decided to jump on the bandwagon and purchase my own set of Sigma makeup brushes. And though the price of the set that I purchased – Essential Kit – is way more than I would spend on any makeup item, I can still say it was worth every cent.

The airbrush effect
I have yet to fully test all of the brushes in the kit – although I already know I will love each one of them. I have, however, made full use of Sigma F50 Duo Fibre; a foundation brush. As  described on the small pamphlet that came with the package: it will work well with powder, cream, and liquid foundation, and will give you an airbrush-like effect. Now, I don’t know how an airbrush effect would look like, but if it is what I get after using F50 to put on foundation, then I am really loving this airbrush-like effect they call.

It is like clouds bouncing on your face
Okay, you got me, I have never felt clouds bouncing on my face, but I bet it would give  the same feeling as when using these brushes –specifically the F50-  for makeup. It is so soft, and comparing it with the other drug store makeup brush brands that I used to own [threw them all after I got my heavenly makeup brush package], this definitely is a lot softer, lighter, and definitely ouch-free.

Nothing can get oilier
Having oily skin, I always opt to buy compact foundations. I don’t know why, but it was what I thought I could ONYL use. But thanks to GOSSMAKEUPARTIST, and thanks to baby J who introduced his Youtube channel to me, I found out that I also have all the rights in this world to use liquid foundation. And to try out a liquid foundation, I bought REVLON COLORSTAY liquid foundation in the shade early tan (no.340). Why Revlon Colorstay? First, it’s a lot more affordable than most liquid foundations, and second, it is for combination or oily skin, which is how my skin is! Plus, Wayne Goss did a quick video about great foundations for oily skin, and Revlon Colorstay happens to be one of them. (smile smile wink wink)

The experience
The Sigma brush will totally help make your foundation application a lot easier, and help distribute the product evenly on the skin. It is very soft, that going back on areas of your face over and over again will neither be painful nor irritating. It does help give a flawless look, which makes the brush even lovelier.

Never did I need to touch up with Revlon Colorstay foundation. And I will say it again, NEVER. Depending on the look you want to have, you can go for medium to full coverage with the product. It is very lightweight on the skin too! It never felt like I was wearing foundation.

Scorecard
I will give both the Sigma Brush and the Revlon Liquid Foundation a 7/10. I am totally in love with these two items. And both make me feel like a pro, because the result that I get after application is REALLY great. Sometimes, you don't need great hands, you just need the right tools. At least I think.


Love note: To purchase your own Sigma brushes, you can simply go to: www.sigmabeauty.com Or you can check out the authorized retailers in your country. You can visit your local makeup stores for Revlon Colorstay foundation. Alternatively, you can visit their site (www.revlon.com)  to purchase items online. :)



Ooohhh spread some makeup-lovin
- A! J


No comments:

Post a Comment