Thursday, May 23, 2013

A: 5 FRIENDSHIP HIGHLIGHTS with BEBI J (more photos to be uploaded on the update) :)

Okay, so the original scheduled topic was for me to write things I know about bebi J that maybe most of you don’t know yet. I think it was a nice idea. But the only problem is I already did that on my blog entry on her birthday week, remember “SHE’S ALL THAT”? I know I can go ahead and just list some other facts about her, but instead, I’d just like to highlight the (currently) top 5 most memorable moments of our friendship. How his crazy friendship started, the most fun moments in between, and how I have come to consider the friendship I share with her as the “best”.

As most of you may already know, bebi J knew each other since we were freshies in college. Well, I can say we were more of acquaintances then than friends. We never really did share any “special moments” during those times. But the things that happened during the latter part of our freshman year and the beginning of our sophomore years led into two crazy unica hijas to become closer than they ever thought they would be! 

1.      Harbour Square
It all started here. A couple of drinks with Jaz (I used to address her with her nickname before I started calling her “Bebi J”) and another friend gave birth to a really special friendship. The things we talked about, the seats we took, even the bar we went to are all very vague to me now, but I do remember how much we laughed, how long we all just sat there and talked, and how much fun we had. And this bonding started the “bebis”. I became bebi A, Jaz became bebi J, and another friend became bebi G. I think it was the work of the jejemon inside all of us! Haha! But I remember these "bebi" names were from me, so does that make me the most jejemon of the three? Hahaha!

It was that night that showed me the crazy, hilarious, and fun side of bebi J, and that makes me so glad I went out with them. I wouldn’t be friends with her if she was dull, or so proper, and all goodgy goody anyway. Haha!

Harbour Square is a compound of bars, restaurants, and coffee shops at Roxas Boulevard, Manila Philippines. It's really relax aura makes it a good place to hang out and chill with friends. If you're lucky, you may also find yourself shopping in the bazaars that from time to time are set up in the area.

2.      Enchanted Kingdom
It’s not only magic that’s here. For me, it’s also fun, friendship, and good memories. I honestly have a smile on my face right now as I type this. So many really funny memories are rushing in. I’ve visited this amusement park 7 times too many, and nothing would compare to the time I visited it with bebi J with our friends from an organization in college.

I am not one you can take to amusement parks and expect to make the most out of the entrance fee. That is simply because I do not really like extreme rides, I’ve never been on one. The most extreme I’ve tried was EK’s Jungle Log Jam and that was with bebi J and another friend. I remember how scared we all were, but I most specially remember how much we laughed while in the ride.

We were all crazy scared about the ride, and we were caught off guard on our first fall. We knew there was going to be a second and bigger one next, so we anticipated and encouraged each other to scream to let out the scary feeling. We did attempt to do it, but we somehow lost our voices and breaths halfway and ended up screaming after our ride has landed. Hahahaha! It’s not as funny when I type it here as it actually is being there, but I guess you'd need to bring a crazy friend with you and ride in an extreme ride for you to find out how it would feel. 

Add caption
Enchanted Kingdom is an amusement park located at Sta. Rosa, Laguna. It has been long considered as the PhilippinesDisneyland. Though it may not have Mickey, Minney, and the rest of the gang, it does have lots of rides you can choose from. They cater to the extreme ride enthusiasts, children, and even those who prefer it "safe" since they are positive they would pee halfway if you put them in any free-falling ride.

3.      David’s Salon (ExcelLANCE 2008)
Now, had today been 2008, I wouldn’t even think about including this in my entry. And since it's already 2013, I don’t think bebi J would hate me anymore if I share this to the world. And to her mom, tita Ning, bebi J didn’t mean to do it. She was a good student. :D

Bebi J and I were too concerned about our look for this annually-held awards night of our department in college that we went to a Salon to have our hair and make up done on EXAMS WEEK. I wasn't worried at all because I already took all my examinations then, she, however, still had one left; English. We both thought that since the people who would attend to us are pros, we’d be done in no time. We have not been so wrong. Well, the person who attended to me was quite fast, but it was a different story for bebi J. It took her I think about an hour and a half longer for the person who attended to her finish her loose curls. I can remember the look on her face as she almost every minute checked her phone for the time. She was going to be late for exam, she was positive about that. But she still hoped that she will be able to take the examination.

We rushed back to campus right after we paid for the rather disappointing service we had been offered, and yes, she was 30 minutes too late for her exams. And yes, she didn’t get to take it. So after a few minutes of breaking down and wondering how the future would look like for her now that she missed to take one exam because of some lousy locks, she decided she's just going to make the most out of her pretty hair. We then prepped and enjoyed the night.

Disclaimer: This is my opinion about the service given to us. I’m sure some other people would love to go back to David’s Salon for their service. Just not us.

Note: And also, bebi J was allowed to take special examinations! Yaaay!

4.      The filming of Lihim ng Dapit Hapon
Now I think it’s not just our friendship that grew stronger during this period. We made really good friends with many other people while filming this short film. I see this as one of the highlights of my friendship with bebi J because making an indie film is not at all easy, but getting to work with a friend who also is very responsible and hard working lessens the pressure and stress on the set. She was tasked to handle the wardrobe, hair and make-up of our stars and she did just that flawlessly. She was very coordinated and was always on time. She made sure she kept track of what was going on and was aware of what was needed to be done next. I guess, I can say, I saw the grown up and professional side of my best friend during the 3 days of filming.

Can you spot bebi J?
Lihim ng Dapit Hapon is a short film written and filmed by 4th year AB Communication Arts students of Colegio De San Juan De Letran Manila (Philippines) as part of their final examination for film class. The story is about a guy who has deep affection for a woman who can never look at him the same way. Their love story will shock anyone who will watch the film.

5.      The making of BLAAAH
I have always wanted to start my own blog account, but never really tried to create one. Until one afternoon, I told bebi J that I think it’s a cool idea if we can start a joint blog account. And she agreed! It was a really funny, creative-juice-draining, and even scary month of preparation we had. We would talk almost for an entire day just to try to come up with a name to call our account. And just for you to have an idea what kind of crazy stupid ideas we came up with, here are some of the names I can still recall:

>     Pizzaz gurlz (from bebi J’s mom)
>     The bestfriends code
>     She said she said
>     What best friends know
>     Autonomous Region
>     Our autonomous region
>     Our autonomous region of Muslim Mindanao (Hahahahahaha! If you don’t get it, then you’re probably not from the Philippines. But just FYI not trying to make fun of any group of provinces nor religion. )
>     BLAAAAAAH

Now after I think two weeks of trying to figure out what we will call ourselves, we went into planning what topics to write. What is the tone of our blog entries, which topics we can and cannot discuss. And now, you are reading mine! :)

I have not yet even included that time when bebi J had too much to drink on a night out with girl friends that when we got back to our dormitory, she wouldn’t stop talking about this particular guy. And she really hated that guy! Well, at least when she's sober. Haha! Or that time when we skipped classes just to well, slack around and do nothing. Or that time when I flooded our entire dormitory with water. Well, not so much fun, but still, an experience. 

I guess what I am trying to say is that I am really happy and blessed that I have spent all my years in college with her. All the trials, the hardships, the happy times, the i-am-so-near-to-selling-my-roommate moments, and all the crazy times. She has made me the crazier person I am now. Haha! And I thank her for that.

And I do agree with what she wrote about me not being her best friend. That bitch isn’t my best friend too! Haha! She really is my sister. We may argue, bitch out on each other, disagree strongly on so many things, but in the end, we still love each other.


- Spread the love! - A!



No comments:

Post a Comment