Saturday, September 28, 2013

J: The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel

The long hiatus is over!! And, it's time to share what I've been up to for the last few months. 

Well, for a start, I found a new job and that's what's keeping me super busy. But, I never fell short on adventures and social life. Let me begin my series of stories by sharing with you a movie I recently watched and basically changed how I see India, optimism and love, "The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel"


The movie is about a group of retired people from different walks of life, with different stories and somehow escaping from something. They all received an email from a very optimistic young Indian hotel/retirement home owner, offering them to stay there for free, all expense paid. And, when they get to India, everything that they expected came crumbling down and they found out things about themselves they never knew existed and one of them revisited his past and he proves how true love can transcend time, distance, culture, age and even gender. I love the twist of the story and how their lives suddenly changed; from being just plain comfortable to complicated yet fulfilling lives. 

They went through all the the hustles and bustles of India, adapted to their culture, which is very different from theirs, accepted their differences and found what true love really means. 

Let me share a gist of the story of the two main characters that really hit me straight to the heart. 

The first one went to India to find a new purpose in life after her husband died. And, she found a new job that made her realize that her purpose wasn't really lost and that her age is never a hindrance to continue her dream. And that it is never too late or nobody is ever too old to fall in love again. 

The second main character is a judge who once lived in India and found his true live there but the country's culture got in the way and forced him to go back to his country and never got the chance to ho back there until now. His search for his true love was quite a journey and when they met it felt like they were not separated even just for a day, they talked, explained things and forgive each other. They proved that no matter what other people say, it can never stop a true love's beating heart. 

I would love to go on and on about every detail of this movie, but I don't think that would be fair, because I want all of you to experience the love and joy that I experienced whenever I watch it. I hope this movie touches your heart the same way it touched and warmed mine. This movie is all about love, hope and second chances, and don't we all need to see that unfold every once in a while?

And, to borrow a very inspiring line from the movie, "Everything will be alright in the end; if it's not alright, it's not yet the end."

Enjoy! 

-J

No comments:

Post a Comment