Monday, April 1, 2013

J: 24! (Updated)


Today marks the 24th year of my existence. It has already been 24 years since my mom was rushed to the hospital’s delivery room in Lipa City, Philippines. And, look at where we are now! Our family is now residing on the other side of the world, in a different time zone. That’s how blessed my life has been; I thank God and my parents for that, they have given me a life some people can only dream of.

Forgive my indulgence but I intend to talk about my gratefulness, dreams and aspirations in this blog entry.

I am more than grateful for all the efforts my family and friends are exerting to make this day extra special! And for that, I love them even more! I’ve had a very wonderful weekend with my family, I also had my hefty dose of retail therapy and most of all I am filthy rich with LOVE. I am one spoiled baby girl! ;)

Also, I am very touched and thankful for all my friends, colleagues and family who have overwhelmed me with their greetings and love.
I don't have the perfect life, I have major ups and downs in my 24 years of existence. But, I am just one lucky gal; having the kind of family that I have and friends that backs me up flaws and all. I may never be perfect, we may not be as wealthy as I would love to, I may not have the life I dream about yet, but I have my family, no less. We stick with each other, we go through hell together and then back to earth as a whole.

In my 24 years, I have to admit that I am still looking for my purpose or how I can make a difference to my family, to the community I belong, to my country, to the world. I know it’s a long shot but I aim to make a difference in the world, even in just a small way. I’ve always dreamt of being a humanitarian, to be one with UNICEF and UNESCO; to promote education and the right to live in a comfortable way with the 5 basic needs; shelter, clothing, food, means of transportation and security. I intend to be the best that I can be so I can inspire other people and who knows through my inspiration, I may be able to empower someone who will lead our country and inspire the world one day ;) I may lose hope and faith at times but I will always grab it back again and hold it for dear life, I always spring back! My hope and faith for humanity is the same, I will never lose hope that this world can still be a better place for the generations to come.
On a lighter note and speaking of dreams and aspirations, I would also love to travel and study fashion photography. Fascination is my middle name and I always want to explore further so I can acquire knowledge regarding whatever I am fascinated by, may it be the mega structures of different countries, their culture or how fashion designers work and how models make the designer’s dresses sell. I’d like to know everything about it.

So, that’s me at 24! Nothing’s really changed since I was 23, haha! I am still growing and I still have a long way to go. I am yet to fulfill my dreams and find my purpose in life but in my short existence, there’s one thing I am already sure of; I AM LOVED :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With all of that said, I’ve had what felt like a week-long birthday extravaganza! Lemme share with you what I’ve been up to during my birthday week ;)
I’ve spent the weekend with my parents and my cousin, kuya Lean, checked in at Four Seasons Hotel here in Doha. We spent a lot of time in the beach then in the Hydrotherapy pool! I love it, it’s a pool full of massaging jets and two pressurized showers that can massage the back! It’s a slice of heaven!! And then before we retire to our hotel rooms, we went out for a drink at the beach side. My parents are the best! I can never thank them enough ;)
Hotel Arrival



Swimming Galore!






Bare Faced!



Night Out! 

                                                                                                                   
Birthday Treats at the hotel!
(Jelly Beans and Tequila Sunrise + Heineken)




And, then we went shopping after checking out and I got loads of gift from my inay! And, another gift is on its way from Singapore thanks bebi A!! The days just keeps on getting better!

Wave of Gifts from Inay!

Then, April 1 came to town and I celebrated my day with my family. we had a simple lunch in a restaurant called Market by Jean-Georges and had what I would like to call the 'I SURRENDER!!' meal. I mean I love to eat, but this 3-course meal really filled my tummy! And then, we went on to find my temporary work out shoes, in preparation for next month's series!, while my Nike Free Run + (that I forgot to pack going here in Doha!) is being shipped from the Philippines. And, to complete this day a SpongeBob plush from my tatay!! Love this day!!
Birthday Lunch
Wave of Gifts (Part 2)
My Birthday Dress!! :)
The face of a very happy birthday girl!



I am a very happy, blessed and spoiled birthday girl!!

Spreadin' the love and birthday goodness!!
-J


No comments:

Post a Comment