Monday, April 8, 2013

A: Workout month: YOUR NO-GYM WORKOUT

Disclaimer: The blog content you are about to read will contain tips from a NON-EXPERT.

Now why the need for me to post a disclaimer? That’s because starting today, until the end of May, BLAAAAH will be all about getting rid of unwanted pounds. I am no expert on this, and so this will be a challenge for me too. Whether or not I will be able to achieve my desired weight after two months is for you and me to find out.

This is YOUR PERFECT NO-GYM WORK OUT.

For those who do not have the time to hit the gym, or those who are not a fan of membership fees, then you and I can probably share this exercise routine and diet plan. I will share with you what I plan to do for the next six days, the things I would need, the food I will eat, and the time and money it will cost me. So let’s get started.

THE WORKOUT:

I work on a 9am-6pm Monday to Friday shift. If it isn’t too busy in the office, then I normally get home around 7:10PM. Now that is not too late yet, that still gives me the time to do a 30-45minute jog outside. However, I am not a fan of exercising after work. Once I reach our unit's doorstep, my energy level just drops to negative zero and I am expected to be just too lazy to lift a feet. BUT, I can be upbeat in the morning, and I would really prefer to start the day by exercising. So here is the target for this week:

Wakey wakey and prep:      5:40AM
Stretch:                                  5:55AM 6:05AM
Jog time:                                6:05AM – 6:35AM
Brisk walk home:                  6:35AM – 6:50AM
Rest for 10 minutes then prep for work.

Now I mentioned that I am not a fan of doing any kind of exercise once I get home, BUT I am open to the idea of doing it WHILE on my way to our house. So here’s the very simple plan:

I will not go all the way. Now, now, clear your heads off its nasty thoughts. I take the bus going home, but instead of alighting at the bus stop in front of our house, I will get off 6 bus stops away, and then brisk walk my way home.

THE DIET:

So here comes the even more difficult part of it; including a healthy diet on your routine. I cannot go deep on this one, but here’s what I plan to have for the next 5 days:

Breakfast: Rice, egg, meat, and fruits or fresh fruits plus yogurt.
Lunch: Egg plus meat
In-between meals: Fresh fruits or cashew nuts
Dinner: Two slices of bread or fruits or both

And for two months, I will stay away from:
1. Soda
2. Junk food
3. Iced tea
4. Way too much rice
5. Ice cream (the only reason why I am thinking twice about this 2month challenge)

THE THINGS I NEED:

1. Rubber shoes
We all understand that in every type of sport, there is a right type of footwear to use. So for this workout routine, my running shoes would do the trick. I have yet to find some new pair that I will love as much as I love my current pair, so for now, I am going to go for the aid of my good old ADIDAS CLIMACOOL.

Photo source: www.kicksonfire.com


What I look for in my rubber shoes?

a. Looks
As superficial as it may sound, I like my rubber shoes to be, “pretty”. Why? Because having nice footwear gives me an added push to go and exercise. It makes me look forward to wearing and showing them off. Haha!

b. Comfort
You are going to use this footwear for some really tiring activities, so the least you want to happen is to want to end your exercise right away because your feet are killing you. Having sore feet can hinder a good workout performance, and a good way to prevent that would be through shoes that nicely fit your feet. 

I always make sure to go for a pair that has an at least 1 inch allowance from the tip of the shoes to the tip of my big toe. It should also be wide enough to give enough support and comfort to my feet when walking or running. When looking for rubber shoes, always try to walk around the store with it on. Trying to motion your feet as if you are running will also help check how flexible and comfortable the pair you have on is.

c. Cost
I have tried really affordable rubber shoes, and have tried the more pricy ones as well. And though at the time of buying the cheaper shoes, I did get to save a lot of money, the pair I purchased didn’t even last a year, so I had to buy a new pair, and ended up spending more. On the other hand, my more expensive pairs grew old with me. Spending on a good pair of rubber shoes under some trusted brands can be worth every cent. I bought my Climacool about two years ago. I have used ‘em in sunny and rainy weather and aside from its bright pink color on the suede part of the shoes fading a little, nothing about its quality has changed.

2. Backpack
I have told you at the beginning of this entry that I plan to walk the last 6 bus stop to our house every afternoon after work, and that means I need to be in my proper workout clothes. However, I am expected to report to work in corporate attire Mondays to Thursdays, and that would mean that I need to bring my extra clothes and my rubber shoes with me to work. And here is where backpack will come in. 

I just do not like the idea of not having both my hands free when I walk home. I like to swing my arms back and forth when brisk walking, and holding a handbag on one hand will not make that easy. And yes, I don't really care much if I'm in a shift dress while carrying this violet with pink polka dots Jansport backpack. Haters gonna hate! :D


Some other essentials:
3. Pony tail (to keep hair away from your face)
4. Towels (for when your fat cries haha!)
5. Water bottle
6. Earphones and a good lineup of upbeat music


TOTAL MONEY SPENT (so far):
So how much have I spent so far for all of the things mentioned above? Well, aside from the food, I already have all the things I listed, so I didn’t really need to buy anything.

Total: $15 or Php495 (for groceries)
 
THE TARGET WEIGHT. THE most important part.

Current weight: 56kg
Target weight by the end of April: 50kg

Special thanks to my housemates for the weighing scale

No matter how cheesy it is, I believe that I can accomplish anything I will put my mind into. And I can proudly say that I was succesful the first time I tried to lose weight, and like my first attempt, I know I will achieve my goal. I was around 65kg when I was in my first to second year in college. My arms basically looked like legs. And I used to ask for size "L" for the clothes I try on in malls. I was one of the very few "chubby" girls in the cheerleading team. But I focused on training, and on eating healthier food, that I shrunk down from 65kg to (I think) around 50kg in just one and a half months. And though my exercise routine this time may not be as vigorous as the one I had before, I know that if I just focus, 50kg shouldn't be too difficult to see on my weighing scale.

FYI: The boyfriend will follow the same routine that I will do, but instead of walking home, he will cycle, and he will NOT change anything on his diet. That means he will have lots of soda, rice, junk food, and anything he would want to eat. So we will see how his workout works out.

CANNOT STOP. MUST NOT STOP.


Good vibes! Healthy vibes! Spread the positivity! -A! :)





No comments:

Post a Comment