Wednesday, March 13, 2013

J: 10 PLACES TO SEE BEFORE I DIE

La Sagrada Familia (Spain)
Photo Source: http://www.historvius.com/images/original/La-Sagrada-Familia-2179.jpg

I have been fascinated by the facade and architecture of the “La Sagrada Familia” church since I was in elementary. I guess it’s the first foreign location I have ever dreamt of going to ever! I even dreamt of getting married here or at least live to see it finally finished. The construction of this church has been going on for over a century now and its original architect is Antoni Gaudi. It possesses these very intricate image details on its façade. It’s really wonderful, romantic and most of all sacred. I have always dreamt of being proposed to and getting married in this church since I can remember. It has that mystery and elegance that will just leave me in awe every time I see even just its pictures.

You can visit the Basilica virtually here: http://www.sagradafamilia.cat/sf-eng/docs_instit/vvirtual.php?vv=4


The Vatican

Photo Source: http://www.funonthenet.in/articles/vatican-tour.html
Since the reign of Pope John Paul II and with the conclave happening now as Pope Benedict XVI stepped down, I have never wanted more to go to the Vatican! To see as everything happens, to attend a mass in the ‘Holy City’ and to being able to feel the blessing to be in its presence. Everything I need to know about Christianity or Catholicism can be found here. It’s like the Muslim’s Mecca for the Catholics. I am not a highly spiritual person but this place has always been one of my dream destinations because I believe that a trip here can define my spirituality.

Machu Picchu (Peru)

Photo Source: http://www.peru-machu-picchu.com/pics/machu-picchu-1.jpg
I’ve been introduced to different ancient civilization (such as Incan and Mayan civilization) in middle school and it has left me curious since then. I actually thought of being an archaeologist or historian because of it, but I don’t know any school in the Philippines that offers those courses. So, I was inclined to take up Communication Arts because it has a photography subject and I decided that I may never be an archaeologist or historian but I will make sure that when I get to go to Machu Picchu I’ll take tons of wonderful images of this Incan ruins! I know these ancient civilizations aren’t really a child’s play or even humane and can be a bit depressing and gore, but it’s inevitable that their structures are really fascinating. Well, I am yet to go there, hopefully in this lifetime, and when I do I’ll be sure to explore it like a child in a maze! ;)


Bora Bora (French Polynesia)

Photo Source: http://gohawaii.about.com/od/societylodging1/ss/best-overwater-bungalows-in-tahiti_19.htm
Aaaaah! And then, there’s Bora Bora!! Just the thought of this place makes me feel good; it’s like a little slice of heaven on Earth. Its clear waters and its breath taking sceneries will just let you take that much needed R&R and just forget about the world. I have no words left for this place other than “aaaaaaah!”, it’s like my safe place, haha. I imagine being there when things get rough. And, I will go there, hopefully in this lifetime as well, and I will swim into that clear waters and have the best vacay ever.

Amanpulo (Philippines)

Photo Source: http://www.amanresorts.com/amanpulo/picturetour.aspx
Of course, this Philippine gem is in a private island and can only be accessed thru a chartered plane. Going there is like having an island ready to be of service just for you. You can do all sort of water sports and most importantly soak under its exclusive glory. I first heard about Amanpulo when I was in elementary and I haven’t been to any white sand beach that time, so Amanpulo has been my greatest dream destination within the Philippines. Going there, just like my other entire dream destinations are really expensive, but a girl can dream, right?


Paris (France)

Photo Source: http://www.coastalrivers.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/paris_night1.jpg

Of course I want to go the Eiffel tower, of course I want feel the warm welcome of Paris by going through the Arc de Triomphe and of course I want to watch fashion week in Paris! It has been said the most romantic place in the world and the fashion capital as well. What else can a woman, like me, ask for? Paris had gotten my heart a long time ago! I want to just walk its streets and watch how Parisian women dress and make it an inspiration until I find my own Parisian style. I dream of just going around Paris and watch the people pass me by like the streets are their runway. And the Eiffel Tower is their proud and glorious backdrop ;) I feel like there’s just so much to see in Paris to enrich my cultural knowledge; very artistic and historical.


New York

Photo Source: http://slowbuddy.com/photography/new-york-pictures/

So I’ve watched Breakfast at Tiffany’s way too many times and the Sex and the City and FRIENDS episodes over and over again and I want to be where they are; ‘that concrete jungle where dreams are made of, NEW YORK!’

I want to have my breakfast in tiffany’s moment, to go to the Statue of Liberty, the Empire State Building, the New York Public Library, to experience their subways, to hear the noise of the big apple and stand in the middle of Time Square! And, if I am lucky watch the Mercedes Benz NY Fashion Week as well. I always dreamt of being a writer of some sort, and watching Carrie Bradshaw, New York seems to be the perfect place to be that.


Rolling Greeneries of Scotland

Photo Source: http://studyworldonline.in/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/scotland-landscape1.jpeg

Have you seen those kilt-wearing men with their bagpipes on maybe the TV or in different films? I want to see them in person. I want to explore the rich greeneries of their ‘old country’, as they call it, and taste their malt whiskey! I watched this movie called “Angel’s Share” and apart from the greeneries that are very well featured in this film, I also want to hear that Scottish accent, I just love it. I may have a hard time understanding them but I am willing to listen to that accent while I am there. I also want to see a real life castle and even explore those spooky ones like the Roslyn Chapel or the Edinburgh castle, but I never meant to explore these places alone haha, because I am too scared!


Pyramids of Egypt

Photo Source: http://famouswonders.com/wp-content/gallery/pyramids-of-egypt/the-sphinx-at-gizacairo-in-egypt-with-the-pyramid-of-chephren-khafre-in-the-background.jpg
As I said earlier, I dreamt of being an archaeologist, I dreamed of being able to find a rare piece of history through a major exploratory dig in the midst of Egypt’s mysterious pyramids. I watch various Discovery Channel shows about the great pyramids of Egypt and my interest and curiosity grows more and more each time. Isn’t it fascinating to know how manual workers were the ones who made these pyramids that stood the test of time that it’s still perfectly still up to this day? It’s just amazing!


Disneyland (USA)

Photo Source: http://www.flickr.com/photos/sypix/2270224100/sizes/o/in/photostream/
The happiest place on Earth! I feel like everybody transforms back to childhood once they stepped in here and doesn’t that feel good? To be able to meet the Disney Princess and even get makeovers to be just like them ;) It’s every girl’s dream!  And to watch that parade of characters that we all just seen animated in the movies. And, of course the spectacular fireworks after! Everybody wants to get away sometimes and be a kid again without any worries and I guess this place can do that for anybody ;)




- J!

No comments:

Post a Comment