Friday, March 1, 2013

A&J: 5 YouTube channels you don't want to miss out on!

If you know Achmed; the dead terrorist, Charlie; who bit his brother's finger, some "wins" and "fails" of different years, some bloopers from your favorite TV series, tutorials, and tons of parodies, then you probably visit Youtube as often as we do. We all know the site has a lot more other videos aside from the ones mentioned, included in those videos that some of you may also know are those Youtube sensations that are now singers with big hits. We know some of them aren't even talented, but what the heck, that's the power of Youtube!

We will always thank Youtube for saving us from those boring long trips to places, dull times at home, lousy shows on cable TV, and for entertaining us when there is no new interesting entry on Facebook or 9gag. We like going on Youtube to watch random videos, but we LOVE visiting video channels we are subscribed to and check out their latest video entries.

Today, we're going to share with you our top 5 favorite Youtube channels, and why we can't get enough of them!

Top 1 (Bebi J and bebi A's pick): ELLEN DEGENERES
Oh Ellen, Y U SO FUNNY? Haha! We are crazy about her! What's not to love about her? She's fun, she's hip, she's cool, and just the things she makes her writers and other staff do? Ugh! Such a cool boss! Ellen, if you can read this, please employ us! We will ride all the scary rides, eat gross-looking food, and do weird things! Or we can be two sexy foot rests if you're company is packed. :D -A
We also love how she engages with her audience, example, Ellen digs into some of her audience's facebook pages and makes her own story off of them! Haha! And, she really has some great staff because they always manage to find the coolest and cutest youtube videos! One of our favorites from Ellen are Sophia Grace and Rosie, they're just so cute adorable and very talented. We always watch out for them in Ellen's channel. We're also crazy for the different segments that she posts on her youtube channel like Know or Go, Just Kid Ink, Clumsy Thubsy, etc. And lastly, it's always very touching how generous and caring she is when she gives out life changing gifts to deserving people. -J
And just to show how fun Ellen's channel is, here's her latest video:





Top 2 (Bebi J's pick): PIXIWOO / GOSSMAKEUPARTIST

I am kinda cheating with this because Bebi A and i are supposed to have 2 YouTube channels each, because we already agreed who should be our top 1, Ellen! ;) But, I am just torn between these two. Both of these channels are the reasons why my mom is calling me a “makeup nazi” or a “makeup hoarder”! Haha! But honestly, everything I know now about makeup is because of them. And, I have to say I learned from (I think) the best makeup gurus there is in Youtube. They are both so nice and not alienating in any way, especially for beginners. They also give extensive product reviews to save anyone from wasting their money on products that are just not worth it! They also do not use any jargons that only makeup experts speak, and that makes them easy to understand. Just to show how helpful their tips are here are my favourite tutorials from both channels.


Pixiwoo: Is a youtube channel put up by two sisters that are passionate Makeup Artists, Sam and Nic Chapman. Sam already has her own makeup brush line, and I have almost all her brushes and I will complete them very soon ;)  


Gossmakeupartist: He is a male MUA named Wayne Goss and that intrigued me so much I had to watch his makeup tutorials! And they are all great and very practical. Wayne is very fearless when it comes to makeup reviews and does not yield even with bigwigs like “Chanel”! He’s one of the most honest makeup guru I've watched on Youtube! 




Top 3 (Bebi A's pick): JENNA MARBLES  
You think you know funny crazy? Think again.
My boyfriend was the one who introduced me to Jenna's video channel. One video was all it took for me to get really hooked to her channel. She posts really funny vidoes about random things, and that's what makes the channel really fun. You don't know what to expect. I personally love her video titled, "What Nicki Minaj looks for in a man".

 



Top 2 (Bebi J's pick): AngKikayKo by Teena Arches
 
Teena is a Filipina makeup guru and it was through her that I became aware of different local makeup brands. I owe it to her that now, I know Dollface, Shawill, and Ever Bilena (all local brands) have very good makeup products as well! It was also through her that I have come to know Pixiwoo. She is a very hyper makeup guru! I can’t help but laugh everytime I watch her videos. She also do really “Philippine weather-friendly” makeup tutorials! Haha! She also does some very funny vlogs! She is very spontaneous and I can totally relate to her because she is a body image warrior as well! She is a certified Plump Pinay and I am definitely one too. I came to know about Teena when she was featured in Plumpinay; another blog site here in the Philippines. She inspires me, and I bet tons more people, a lot, and let me tell you, she's even younger than me!!! I’ve also won some brush freebies from her giveaway, so extra love for her! :D
Here’s my favourite video from her channel. It's not a tutorial, it's more like a funny rant video:






Top 5 (Bebi A's pick):  BEBEXOXO

I have made it clear on our first joint entry that I am not someone who knows how to put makeup on. I leave the house with a dab of lipstick and lipgloss and with my brows done. I am loving the simple and very natural look, but given the chance, I'd like to be able to stay a little longer in front of the mirror and hold a brush and an eye shadow pallette and know what to do with them. And that is exactly one of the reasons why I love going to Bebexoxo's Youtube video channel.
The array of tutorials she has, from shaping your brows, to putting on blush, getting that smokey-eyed effect, and doing your hair are all amazing! And plus, she's really cute! Haha! I see her like a tiny (the courage for me to say she's tiny... like am over 5'3"! haha!) fairy who can grant you your three beauty wishes.


And, that completes our top 5 youtube channels, We hope you found some interesting stuff from this lineup of inspiring, funny, and witty bunch of ladies! And, if you have a favorite youtube channel that you want to share with everybody, please just leaave their links in the comment box and we'll check them out!

That is it for now and if we may borrow Ellen's favorite line; Be kind to one another, Bye! :)


- J & A

No comments:

Post a Comment