Wednesday, March 20, 2013

A: Cook-off week: No-bake blueberry cheesecake!

My mom couldn’t be prouder when I first video called her to show her I was cooking. I was showing off. Haha! She was happy to know that I was actually trying to learn how to cook. I must admit though, I don't think I would be playing with ingredients had I still been living with her in the Philippines. What for? I love her cooking! :D But yeah... being far away from home caused me to miss my favourite Filipino dishes, and pushed me to try to learn how to make them.

I thought it will be a nice idea to feature one of the dishes that I now know how to cook in this “Cook-off” week in Blaaaaah, but halfway through the planning, I changed my mind. I thought to myself (with the smart suggestion from my boyfriend), why not take this time to try to learn to make something new. Something I have never made before. So after a few visits on some Youtube videos, I am very happy to share with you the newest addition to my list of "Dishes I can cook and desserts I can make.". Prepare to be amazed with my NO-BAKE BLUEBERRY CHEESECAKE! :D 


12 biscuits (You can choose which kind you want, I chose graham crackers) 
500g cream cheese
250g sour cream
75g butter
250g blueberries 
4tbsp sugar  
1tsp vanilla extract 
1tsp lemon juice

Ready to learn how to make this dessert? Read on!
 



 








It seems very easy to make, doesn’t it? Maybe that is because it really IS super easy to do! And though it requires to be put in the fridge for a couple of hours, it will make waiting worth it. Partner it with hot coffee and get that Starbucks feel right in the comforts of your home. 

Oh BTW: You can choose whichever fruit you want to use for this recipe. Blueberries are just my personal choice. And yes, you can also use OREOS. :)

Spread the positivity, spread some cheesecake-lovin!


- A!

No comments:

Post a Comment